Total. Rant.

This is a total vent post. Sorry if I offend anyone but I need to get this off my chest!

I have no respect for women who think their bodies can't birth a baby naturally. Don't get me wrong, I have TONS of respect for the women who try then end up with a c-section, because all I'm asking here is for more women to TRY. Try to let your body do what it's made to do. Try to birth your baby the way it is supposed to be born. TRY.

But there are things getting in the way of women trying...like c-section happy doctors who love to tell a woman that she isn't progressing, induction happy doctors who can't let a woman wait 42 weeks into her pregnancy, ultrasound happy doctors who tell women their baby is 'too big'. All of these people need a BIG. REALITY. CHECK.

I hate being looked at as a 'pushover' or someone who's 'picky', because I am neither of those things. I just greatly believe that if modern medicine left [most] women's pregnancies alone, that more babies would be born naturally, and safely, with no medical interventions whatsoever.

The biggest thing a laboring woman needs is TIME. Time to labor, time to dilate, time. And this is what scares me about birthing in a hospital because if you're there for too long, they either send you home or push pitocin/csection on you. It's like these people don't have time to wait. Why are they in such a hurry? Just to get on to the next "patient" and do the same thing to them? This drives me crazy!

And this is why I have a consultation with a doula/monitrice tomorrow. A monitrice is basically a doula but there are a few added benefits. A monitrice can come to your home if you think you are in labor and check your dilation, fetal heart tones, and blood pressure. I want to labor at home for as long as possible and this is the best way to do it.

*sigh* I feel better now.

Comments

Popular Posts