thirty-six weeks

Almost to full term!
The past few days I've been dealing with some major swelling. Nothing unusual, though. Just in my feet, ankles, and legs. It's mostly bad in the evening and late at night. My upper body isn't swollen (yet. Let's hope!) but I'm keeping an eye out for sudden swelling in my hands and face. I'm drinking easily over a gallon a day of water, and elevating my feet when possible.
It seems that I've been getting the "baby blues" the past few days as well. My husband works 5pm to 1am, so my nights are spent alone. I usually do good alone, but not lately. I know it has something to do with the coming arrival of our babe, but, I feel like I need company so badly! There's only so much TV I can watch =/.
Everything is pretty much set for baby's arrival. Her clothes, swaddles, diapers, inserts, wipes, etc etc are all washed and put away. The only thing I need to wash is her co-sleeper sheet, which I'll be doing tomorrow =).
We do have somewhat of a to-do list, though.
-----
((In no particular order))
--Buy trash can to store dirty diapers
--Buy nursing tanks/bras (might wait 'til after my milk comes in, though)
--Make homemade baby wipes (we'll be mainly using cloth wipes, but these would be for on the go)
--Buy maxi's and witch hazel to store in freezer (pour witch hazel over pads and store in gallon freezer bags for postpartum nether regions =)
--Stock up on easy pantry snacks (granola bars, nuts, etc)
--Make crock pot freezer meals (don't really know if we'll get around to this, but I'm going to try!)
--Pack hospital bag! (I'll be posting about what's in our bag(s) when I get around to actually packing it!)
--Have meet and greet with pediatrician (eek, should have done this weeks ago)
--Rent birthing tub
--Buy some sort of dress ensemble to wear during labor (no way am I wearing a hospital gown)
--Buy new undies (I desperately need this!)
--Buy flameless candles for use during labor/postpartum
--Make cold/hot rice packs (simple tube sock with rice inside)
--Maybe get a bigger birth ball and pillow for labor
-----

Eesh, seems like a lot. Better get to it!

Comments

Popular Posts