twenty weeks and the amazing chiropractor

Of course, I didn't get to blog last weekend. I've had NO motivation whatsoever. Ugh!

Good news! I am at the halfway point! Phew. If the next 20 weeks fly by like the past 20 weeks, I'm set!

My pain has sky rocketed lately. I've been seeing a chiropractor who specializes in natural birth for 1.5 weeks (3 times total so far) and apparently my back is really messed up. I have an S curve (scoliosis), and my left hip is higher than my right. I really wanted to start seeing a chiropractor for the sake of me wanting a natural water birth. Getting my pelvis aligned is what will help baby get in the best possible position for birth.

My first adjustment felt great. But then my sciatic nerve kept giving me trouble. It used to be only on my right side but now it's on both. I look at it as my pelvis being more aligned than it was prior to seeing the chiropractor, so now my uterus is pressing on both nerves, instead of only leaning against my right. Makes sense I hope. Haha.

I also bought a birthing/exercise ball. And it is a godsend! It takes a lot of pressure off my back. I'll be using it every day until baby arrives.

I feel like it's crunch time now. So many things to get done! We still need to sign up for birthing classes, register at the hospital, buy more diapers, build the diaper sprayer, go nesting crazy on the baby's room (we have so much crap in there, and half of it can be donated), and not to mention all of the things we need to buy. Ahh! This is where lists come in handy. Yes, I know I have 4.5 months, but in my mind that isn't a lot of time at all. :)

Comments

Popular Posts