The start of my elimination diet - day 1!

I have decided to track the progress of my elimination diet!

Today marks day-1 free of grains!

For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and goat cheese. I used olive oil for cooking instead of coconut oil. I'm not sure if the coconut oil from last night's meal (grass fed ground beef with sweet potatoes and green beans) is to blame for the pain I experienced yesterday evening/night.

This morning I feel particularly well. I still had my usual coffee with creamer (no sugar). I plan on making baked avocado and turkey bacon wraps for dinner. The "wrap" will just be the bacon wrapped around the avocado. I also plan on adding some carrots, cilantro, and beets.

I am hoping that this slow elimination process of inflammatory foods will help me reverse most, if not all, of my JDM (juvenile dermatomyositis) symptoms including pain, fatigue, weakness, and rashes.

I also hope that this will inspire those with myositis (or ANY autoimmune/chronic illness) to take control of their health by eating the most nutrient dense and anti-inflammatory foods possible!

This is a lifestyle change for me and not just a diet change. I plan on moving my body more i.e. stretching/yoga (as much as I can with the pain I experience), and practicing mindfulness and gratitude throughout every day, all day.

Thanks for coming along this journey with me!

Comments

Popular Posts